This month has been expensive ... not only did I purchase the ZZR beast, but I've:
- - Bought an OptiMate Charger; and promptly dropped it yesterday morning (killing it) (£50)
- - Had her tuned up and the front calipers rebuilt (£100)
- - Bought new tyres (£145)
- - Had the tyres fitted, bought another charger etc etc (£110)
- - (Hopefully) Getting Chain and Sprockets, and the lower suspension bearing done at the end of the week (£230)
- But I've loved every minute :)
Ok, I know that software is never infallible, but this particular problem has been bugging me all week.
I've started seeing my Vista Laptop maxing out the CPU (pegged at 100%) immediately after booting up. Doing a quick bit of investigating using the superb tools from SysInternals (now part of Microsoft ...), I find that ndis.sys is chomping it all. All of it. The lot. Good god.
Ok, so that indicates a network driver having lots and lots of fun.
Next stop, Google.
I find a couple of interesting things:
Well, for the first one, I too have MNM 3.1 installed and Cisco VPN client. I've since removed MNM, which is annoying, but I certainly can't live without the VPN client - and thinking about it, the first time I saw the problem was after I installed MNM ... hmmm.
Thanks Microsoft - for possibly having a nice bug in MNM, but also for writing a DPC system that allows a CPU deadlock situation to occur that you can't even get out of by requesting a reboot.
The ZZR is soooo much fun it's unreal. Realised that I haven't posted any pictures - so here we go. And then, I've started stripping her down for a through check over (and an oil change)...
During the process, I found an oil leak - or what appears to be an oil leak. Looks like it's coming from either the Clutch housing or the Pickup Coil housing - both gaskets. Planning on removing these once I have dropped the oil and having a good look inside... Pics of what I'm talking about below - left most is the clutch, and the right most is the pickup coil housing.